The Tier 1 Series has the signature Garmat USA quality and reliability with value options to make it an excellent environment for your refinish requirements.
Featuring Garmat’s patented airflow technology. The mechanical is integrated into the roof, saving valuable shop floor space and installation time.
The Tier 1 features dual inlet reverse incline fan on exhaust, providing the most consistent airflow of any modified downdraft booth on the market.
What are the differences?
The Tier 1 offers:
- Single skin white powder-coated G-90 galvanized steel wall panels
- 10-ft wide product entry doors with porthole observation windows
- Horizontally oriented light fixtures for virtually shadow free illumination
- Energy efficient 5000k color corrected T-8 bulbs
- Direct fired burners and high efficiency motors
- Easily accessible bag filters on exhaust providing 54% more surface area than competing booths
- Recycle on bake for energy efficient operation
- State of the art ETL Listed Controls, PLC Based operations
- The panels are horizontally placed, and combined with tongue and groove construction for an airtight seal
- Dual skin panels designed to prevent heat loss into the surrounding shop and for greater efficiency during the bake cycle
- The white powder coating provides a uniform reflective quality allowing for improved visibility in the paint booth
- Powder coated G-90 galvanized steel wall panels resist rust and provide for a long lasting durable finish
- Our modular construction allows for easy customization to fit your particular needs
Product Entry Doors
The Tier 1 utilize ten-foot wide insulated tri-fold door assemblies with built in personnel access doors and large observation windows for high visibility.
- Dual skin insulated white powder coated galvanized steel construction
- Garmat’s customized hinge design that allows both horizontal and vertical adjustment. The nylon filler grommets minimize daily wear and tear of the hinges and the grease zerk hinges allow for easy lubrication
- Equipped with clear tempered glass observation windows
- Flush mounted windows and internal locking mechanisms eliminate interior dirt collection zones
- The durable V-seal rubber gasket provides an air tight seal
Personnel Access Doors (Drive in Back Out Models)
- Dual skin insulated white powder coated 20 gauge galvanized steel
- Equipped clear tempered glass observation window
- Panic Latch
- Durable mechanically fixed V-Seal rubber gasket for airtight seal
- Durable fixed galvanized steel plate handles
- Heavy duty hinges with horizontal and vertical adjustments, nylon grommets and grease zerk fittings
24′-4-3/8″-L x 13′-6-5/8″-W x 10′-10″-H
23′-11-3/8″-L x 23’11-3/8″-W x 8′-10-1/4″-H
10′-1/8″-W x 8′-9-1/4″-H<
27′-2-1/4″-L x 13′-6-5/8″-W x 10′-10″-H
26′-9 1/4″-L x 13′-1-5/8″-W x 8′-10-1/4″-H
10′-1/8″-W x 8′-9-1/4″-H
- Paint Cycles-Spray, Bake, Flash, and Purge
- User Friendly-Touchscreen and Switches
- Paint Recipe Function Built in
- Maintenance and Diagnostic Functions
All Garmat USA products are provided with a listed industrial electrical control panel. All components are recognized, listed or certified by UL, ETL or CSA. All booths come standard with a pre-wired control panel for reduced field installation time and costs.
Garmat controls are built in our very own 508A ETL listed shop so every panel produced is built to the most recent ETL specifications. Employing our own ETL shop allows for infinite possibilities in customizing each shop’s panel, from the simplest functions to a touchscreen complete with any imaginable paint recipe. Garmat certified staff quality controls and tests every piece of equipment that leaves the facility; we are not dependent on standards set by an outside company so we can ensure that the panel meets the quality standards Garmat Equipment is known for.
Direct Fired Burner
Paint shops rely on their booth for consistent temperature and fast, controlled bake cycles. Garmat USA offers quality performance in a 98% efficient direct-fired burner. The direct fired burner is the most efficient method of heating air for a paint booth as the airflow pattern is closely controlled using profile plates resulting in 98% efficient combustion.
- Save on installation as the burner does not require vents, set up includes simply setting the gas pressure
- 30:1 turndown provides a more precise temperature control while optimizing energy usage
- Direct Fired Burners do not have heat exchangers, nor supply blowers, this further reduces energy consumption, and also simplifies maintenance
- The stainless steel/aluminum construction ensures a long and corrosion resistant life
Garmat HMA/AMU’s are purposely designed to be efficient while still providing a superior painting environment.
All Garmat HMA/AMU’s are designed in house. By designing and manufacturing our own mechanical systems we can ensure that your HMA/AMU is built to the exact specifications your paint booth requires. From cost efficient to high end, Garmat can design AMU/HMAs to fit any budget. Each Standard Garmat HMA/AMU is listed (42106, 46008, 99223, 9937, 1275) and built to ANSI Z83.25 standards for Direct Gas Fired Process A heaters. The Industrial Process Certifications is critical as it applies to the specific standards and safety measures required for direct fired burner used in the refinishing industry. Garmat USA HMA/AMUs were the first in the market to carry this listing.
Dual Inlet Reverse Incline Fan with Airfoil Blades
Different fan designs have a major impact on stability and consistency of air flow. That is why Garmat uses only Airfoil Dual Inlet Reverse Incline on their standard line of automotive spray booths.
The backward direction of the blades creates a vacuum of air surrounding the fan which prevents overspray buildup. These types of fans are capable of operating in a broader range of static pressure area so the airflow remains consistent. Since these fans run at a lower RPM both noise and energy costs are reduced.
- High resistance to static pressure
- Increased energy efficiency
- Quiet Operation
- Belt driven with variable sheave, weight of fan is supported by two heavy duty bearings on the fan frame and not on the motor
Lighting quality and placement is critical for color matching. Garmat USA booths feature horizontally oriented light fixtures equipped with color corrected fluorescent tubes. The horizontal design allows for continuous lighting above and below the belt line, unlike vertical oriented fixtures, which not only create uneven lighting patterns but are also easily blocked by the painter.
- Horizontally placed for virtually shadow free environment
- Interior accessible for easier serviceability
- Provide accurate color matching with 5000K color-corrected fluorescent tubes
- Money saving energy efficient T-8 fixtures
- Constructed with high efficiency electronic ballasts
- Sealed fixtures fitted with tempered glass for optimal safety
- ETL and ETL-C listed, classified for use paint booth area
- Dual Voltage 120/277
- 4-tube fixtures are standard, 6-tube, and 8-tube and LED upgrades are available
- 6-tube light fixtures
- 8-tube light fixtures
- LED light fixtures
- Reflectors for increased luminosity (available in all lighting configurations). Add-A-Lite for retrofitting existing booths
No. of Fixtures
More Filter Area = Longer Filter Life = Lower Pressure Drops
Garmat USA Modified Downdraft Spray Booths offer more total filter area than competing brands
- Features the most square footage in the industry
- Ideally sized to allow easy replacement
- Held in position by steel knife edge closures
- 99% efficient on 10 micron particulate
- Bag Filters design provides 54% more usable surface area than competing filter designs
- 99% capture efficiency on 10 micron particulate
- Easy access – no grates to move
- Garmat filtration systems exceed the 2011 EPA 6H Regulations for Surface Coating Operations.